[Javascript] Accessibility (discussion)

Troy III Ajnej trojani2000 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 21 08:35:40 CST 2008

(sorry if this us a repost)
> Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:31:33 +0000> From: david at dorward.me.uk> ---------------------> Which is more useful from a "I'm on a mobile with low bandwidth"> perspective then an accessibility one.>

I agree, but this "low graphics" or "text" version, as they internally named it,
gives some additional benefits; f.i., for possible screenreader confusions that
might rise with complicated nestlings and layouts, and also simplify keyboard
accessibility and navigation to.
> > Teach a man to fish using the esoteric equipment that is firmed rooted> outside your shack, and you only feed him whenever he happens to be in> your neck of the woods.>
I totally agree. But I was not trying to teach clients how to code.
My discussion is about coders, changing the way we code might yield some
new kind of pseudo-standard, trend, or unwritten rule. Similar to some spontaneous
habits we may notice in current web design. Almost 90% of pages are of
fixed-width layout, all of them have some sort of banner, navigation bar,
or similar. My proposal might yield a new kind of layout different from them
two, -can it be called "Flexi"?
> > That depends a great deal on the graphic. Some look terrible even with a> slight among of stretching.

I am referring to proportional xy stretch, (or should I be using "zoom" word?).
Enlarging images proportionally (within some reasonable %) causes negligible
impact on quality.

> > There are basically three types of content that need to be considered> when creating a page that you want to adapt to window size.>
> * Graphics that are content> > These should not be resized. Many people buy larger monitors so they can> see more content without scrolling - not so they can see everything bigger.>

This is why I think, that any kind of discussion on some matter is better than
no discussion at all.

You have just taught me that enabling the page layout to be manually zoomed in
and out by clients might be an additional requirement that I haven't thought of
before.
(Which can be easily extended on top of the existing fit-in script)

I appreciate your comments very much.My kind regards.

                                      Troy III
                         progressive art enterprise