[Javascript] Unobtrusive onsubmit

J. Lester Novros II lester at denhaag.org
Wed Feb 18 13:43:31 CST 2009

Peter Brunone wrote:
>> IE does not differ between 'name'
>> and 'id' namespaces
>
> What exactly does that mean?

It means that IE will *always* return the element with the corresponding
name rather than the element with the desired id if there are two
elements, one with an 'id' and another with a 'name' that are identical.

I don't really know what happens when one element has an identical id and
name but I thought to better bring this up than have the script author get
mired in difficult to trace bugs/unwanted script behaviour.

Also, this came up on the list quite a while ago. Maybe the archives can
be searched for the 'namespace' search term.

l8R lES
--
Microsoft's business practices have fundamentally diminished (in fact,
came very close to eliminating) competition, choice and innovation in