[Javascript] Looking for some super_focus()

Claude Schneegans schneegans at internetique.com
Thu Feb 26 09:10:30 CST 2009

Hi,

I have an application which opens a couple of windows.
 From one window, some link may update another windows.
When refreshed, this other window will come on top thanks to a call to
focus().
Everything works well.

However, I've noticed that if the user choses to have IE open new tabs
instead of new windows, the focus() function does not make the tab to
open. It will only become reddish and the user has to click on it in
order to open it.

Is there another method I can user to make sure the tab really opens?