[Javascript] Probe....

Scott Glasgow paladin at fuse.net
Wed Jan 7 13:12:41 CST 2009

Thanks to everyone for replying. So, the list is not dead, just "dead." I
was just surprised because up until the 29th there seemed to be fairly
regular traffic. Not blistering, but stuff coming in at least every day or

two. I was thinking that perhaps what had happened to the wdvltalk list
might have happened here.

My ISP uses a server-side SPAM filter, blacklist-based, and for some
reason
the list got themselves... er, listed. Tech support surmise was possibly
an
open SMTP relay somewhere, which the SPAM filter considers doubleplus
ungood.

I went back and forth with the ISP tech support and the list admin for a
while, then finally gave up. Glad to hear that at least in this case I
don't
have to worry about that particular issue.

cheers,
scott