[Javascript] JavaScript Bible comments

L Lay llay at laysercomputing.com
Sun Jan 11 11:00:47 CST 2009

It's not bad.  My major complaint is actually more to do with the
printing of the book rather than the content.  The pages are very thin -
so much so that the text shows through from the backside page.  The text
is also tiny - it makes for a difficult read physically.  I also wish
they had simply published two volumes instead of putting the second on cd.

It's not a beginners book.  It's more of a reference.  I find the
examples lacking.  I'm not an advanced JavaScript programmer and find
that when I finally do find what I am looking for, Goodman's explanation
often isn't enough for me to figure out what's going on.

His coverage is very comprehensive.  I have seen questions on various
lists that are answered by this book.  The thing I really like is he
tries to cover the differences between browser implementation.

I think this is a good reference book that would probably be very
beneficial to someone who's done a bit more scripting than me.  I don't
regret buying it.

...Lori