[Javascript] Javascript to change include filename

Del Wegener del at delweg.com
Wed Jan 21 12:35:34 CST 2009

Good Day;

One of my websites currently contains the following div

           <!--#include file="pic3.txt"-->
My client wants to have 12 - 20 different pic_ordernn files.  A random
number generator should be use decide which file to include (pic1.txt,
pic2.txt, pic3.txt, ..., or pic15.txt).

I can write code to randomly create/select one of the filenames but how do I
insert that filename in the above include statement?

It seems to me the include is serverside and my JS is client side.

Can that filename be a variable whose value is determined when the page is
loaded?

Is this a PHP job?

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Del