[Javascript] DHTML\AJax\WebParts\JavaScript

Gene Berger list_mail at att.net
Wed Jan 21 14:11:51 CST 2009

I have tried every conceivable (to me <g> ) way to pass the value back to
the form.  It is in IE7.  It is a user control that sits in a webpart.  I
have looked and looked online but no help.

      Dim strScript As String = "<script>"
      strScript += "var CtrlID = " & qtd & "
WebPartManager1$gwpEdit_Project$Edit_Project$txtStartDate " & qtd & ";"
      'strScript += "parent.document.getElementById(CtrlID).value =
'01/01/2009';"
      'strScript +=
"parent.document.WebPartManager1$gwpEdit_Project$Edit_Project$txtStartDate.v
alue = '01/01/2009';"
      'strScript += "window.opener.document.frmPrgEdt.txtStartDate.value =
'01/01/2009';"

      'strScript += "parent.__doPostBack( CtrlID, '' );"
      strScript += "alert('1');"

      strScript += ";"
      strScript += "self.close();"
      strScript += "</" + "script>"
      RegisterClientScriptBlock("anything", strScript)