[Javascript] Dirty Button

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Sun Jan 25 13:03:53 CST 2009

At 1:23 PM -0500 1/25/09, Gene Berger wrote:
>I like the concept!  The only thing is that if the EU clicks one of the
>dropdowns but does NOT change the selection, the color of the buttons still
>changes.  Perhaps if the selection doesn't change the color of the button
>shouldn't change.

I thought about that as well, but I wanted to keep the solution
simple. I'll give that some thought though.

I could have even used AJAX and updated the presentation to match the
selection-controls such that the state of the button would have been
a moot point.

However, there are situations where the EU does not want the data to
be automatically updated "on-the-fly" but instead wants to set all
the selection-controls first and then click Submit when ready. In
those situations. this "Dirty Button" technique would work

Thanks for your input.

tedd
--
-------