[Sysadmin] w.e.o moved

Dean Mah dmah at members.evolt.org
Sun Mar 9 12:36:27 CST 2003

On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 05:35:05PM +0000, John Handelaar wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-03-09 at 17:26, Dean Mah wrote:
> > I'll likely be around.  Let me know in advance what you're going to
> > need.  For instance, are you going to need the archives sent over?
> > What configuration do you need dumped?
>
> I'm thinking that you and I need to swap some
> privilege levels between leo and eouk so that
> each of us are able to do as much as poss
> independently of each other.  I mean:  I think
> I can handle this given enough access through
> my a/c on LEO, but it'd be nice to have you
> around just in case.
>
> We already have most of this stuff in place,
> having done css-d for Eric already.  Do we still
> have the entire archive as an mbox file or do
> we rely on pre-existing archive files?  Either
> way, I think we can scp everything in reasonably
> short order...

For all of the lists except thelist, there is a single mbox.  The list
is rotated weekly by the tip parsing script so that it is easier for
it to know where the week starts and stops.  Also there are thelist
archives that predate the current mbox files.  The content list's
archives are password protected and indexed by htdig.  I've also
thrown in some changes to mailman for e-mail address munging in the
archive and tracking suspicious headers.

Dean