[Sysadmin] [mods] css-d list down again?

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Thu Oct 26 11:34:49 CDT 2006

Zoe M. Gillenwater wrote:
> Alex Robinson wrote:
>> At 08:16 -0400 26/10/06, Zoe M. Gillenwater wrote:
>>> I haven't received any mail from css-discuss since yesterday around
>>> noon. Is the list down again?
>>
>> Good question. I thought I was getting it a bit easy on my tour of
>> duty ;)
>>
>> Looks like things are beginning to move again now though...
>>

> Yep! Thanks to the angel who touched the list and got it moving again. ;-)

CSS-d:  You're entirely welcome.

Evolt:  I'm becoming convinced that ClamAV's voracious use of memory
         and CPU cycles is what causes qmail-send to lock up.  Someone
         want to look into this?

         Oh, and the recipe I use, for future reference, is to
         `mailmanctl stop` on the queue, `qmailctl stop` on the
         mail server, `qmailctl stat` to check it went down (and if not,
         a hard kill on qmail-send), then start them again in reverse
         order.  Works every time (so far).

John Handelaar

E  john at handelaar.org    T +353 21 427 9033
M  +353 85 748 3790    http://handelaar.org