[Theforum] Re: Charter Gaps

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Tue Oct 23 18:57:40 CDT 2001

There is no mechanism in this list (Theforum) to make a formal
decision about reimbursing Dan, at least none that I can see.  OTOH,
we could start an informal collection perhaps.  For example, we could
donate to Dan's PayPal account, if that would be helpful.  Dan could
provide a copy of the bill and we could all pass the hat...

In any case I think many of us would be willing to help spread the
burden out in whatever way we can, whether through an official
reimbursing via BoD or by "passing the hat."  I'd prefer the former
but will gladly participate in the latter.

Whether or not Dan is reimbursed for previous legal costs, and how,
should have no effect on whether Evolt wants or needs legal counsel
in the future.  That's a separate issue.

As for the "consultant" issue, many of us have worked as staff and
BoD for other nonprofit organizations including (but not limited to)
me, Martin, and RonL.  IOW, several of us have experience in this
area. We are sharing what we know.  "Free" consulting is part of what
Evolt is about.

Erika