[Theforum] Whoa, people.

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 24 01:56:24 CDT 2001

> From: Madhu Menon <webguru at vsnl.net>
>
> So I'd like to ask what the process is for selecting admins.

official process?  none... how's it been done?  someone said, "hey,
this person would make a good admin" and a bunch of people
either said "yeah" or "less chatter, more beer"...

> When I looked at the list of admins, I saw many names I instantly
> recognise. A few, however, I have either never heard about, or have
> only surfaced a couple of times in the two years I've been a member of
> Evolt.org (I won't name anyone).

the initial core of the admin group came from the MJ split... an
informal collection or people were emailing like rabid monkies with
bananas tied to their ears...

a bunch of people fell away, and some others were added... a few
admins are admins still because we don't kick people out (yet --
i've been testing that with photos of my cat), but they still want to
share their opinions or just hang out with the friends we all
became...

that group has driven a lot of what you see now, with help from
others (thesite, other volunteers, etc.)...

that help?