[Theforum] Re: Charter Gaps

Jeremy Ashcraft ashcraft at 13monkeys.com
Wed Oct 24 13:04:58 CDT 2001

> /me smaks garrett, miriam, jeremy, john, hugh, mark, ron and scott. wake
> up :)

huh? what? I was paying attention Mr. Cody I swear!

I had this grand dissertation on my thoughts, then Ron had to go and say
pretty much much everything I did.  My thoughts below.......

On Wednesday 24 October 2001 09:40, Ron wrote:
> When I say systems, I mean ways to communicate better, methods to
> administer the servers and sites, guidelines to follow, administrative
> bodies to form, etc.

+1

there needs to be some sort of process developed that involves all members,
not just admins and a select other few

> I think the vision and scope of evolt has been pretty well defined but
> needs to be written and published, with very high visibility.

That would go a long way in getting everyone up to speed who is interested in
participating. (me included)

> All this will take time and sincere, unselfish effort.  Maybe a good first
> task list would be:
>     a) Publish existing evolt vision and mission statement.
>     b) Get feedback from all evolt on vision.
>     c) Publish final evolt vision and mission statement
>     d) Define system/s needed to support vision and mission statement
>     e) Let groups assemble to develope needed system/s  (this allows all
evolt members to contribute in their area of expertise/interest)
>     f) Implement, evaluate, refine.
>     g) Repeat e and f indefinitely.

Ron's hit it on the head.  I think that e) needs to take on a somewhat
corporate sense to it, having different "departments" for the various tasks
and day to day operations.

jeremy