[Theforum] Barriers -- let's talk philosophically

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Wed Oct 24 23:02:52 CDT 2001

I think a good issue to discuss -- one that will become very important
(has *already* become very important) is the issue of barriers to entry.

I really, really, think that this would be best if we don't get into the
particulars of the evolt system as the evolt system has really been
built ad-hoc. However, we can get there eventually.

Here's a couple angles that I'd like to explore:
	1. What is an example of a no-barriers system? Are there any?
	2. What are some types of barriers to entry?
	3. How do people feel about or react to barriers?
	4. Are barriers always positive or always negative?
	5. How do communities and barriers go together? Do they?

Anyway, I'm hoping for a sort of round-table discussion that any of us
can participate in. I think this could and should grow into a larger
discussion about what that means for us as a community.

This does not have to be an end-all discussion and can be returned to as
often as necessary.

- amanda