[Theforum] RE: [Admin] Re: dan?

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com
Fri Oct 26 04:34:17 CDT 2001

Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

Dan

The point of decisions is that until a decision is made, nothing
changes.

Right now, the existing state is that Admin runs things. If that
is to change, a concious decision is needed. This gives
theforum legitimacy and means that there is no later argument
over the matter.

In your mind, sure, the appropriate authority should be theforum.
But that's you - your vote is like anyone else's vote. You can't
*make* theforum the appropriate authority on your own.

So far we have agreed that there shall be a theforum list for
discussing the future of evolt.

Isaac has rightly proposed that Admin's authority (ie decision
making as well as discussion) be transferred there.

No-one's voted against it AFAIK, although there have been
requests for clarifications and some thinking is going into it -
which is right and proper for such a major change.

I don't see fear of theforum. I *do* see your fear of Admin, and
wonder why...