[Theforum] Re: confession re: vitriol

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Mon Oct 29 15:36:58 CST 2001

> I confess. I'm the poster who wrote (on the Webmonkey list, 8-9 months
ago)
> that Webmonkeys thinking of joining evolt.org would find excellent
info from
> great people, but that conversations on evolt were 'quicker to descend
into
> vitriol' than on Webmonkey.

Thank god you outed yourself. Let the beatings begin!

;)

Wow. I think it's so cool that you're here than given your particular
history. I find it fascinating that you went from "vitriol" to steering
committee. That's great.

As I'm sure you are now aware, we took those comments very seriously. It
really did concern a number of us that our little list could be
considered vitriolic or unwelcoming. I think a number of us didn't see
what you were seeing but were very interested in figuring out your (and
potentially others) particular viewpoint.

- amanda