[Theforum] culture-differences (was: Roll Call - Madhu)

Ron Dorman rwd at csi1st.net
Tue Oct 30 17:11:41 CST 2001

Scott Dexter wrote:

> > me too.  I'm a Texan like Dex, transplanted in Virginia for
>
> whoa, there, Tex. =)
>
> I may live in Texas, but I dunno if I call myself a Texan. I mean, I do
> adhere to the legal requirements of using "y'all" and its plural, "all
> y'all" and this summer I finally got a TollTag, but a Texan? Nah, even
> Bob's got me beat there, dontcha, mr cowboy boots?

that's ok Dex!  :)

> I've bumped around a lot (east coast and west coast), but formative
> years were in Southern California, and I guess I'm still pretty rooted
> there, philosophically and politically (and fashionably).

I lived in southern cal for a while.  Santa Ana first for a year and a half,
then Vista, south and east of Oceanside for another year and half.  I
enjoyed Vista but Santa Ana was too close to LA and part of the huge city
area for me.

Lived several other places too and my consulting work had me traveling all
over the US and Canada for eight years.  Glad that's over.

Ron D.