[Theforum] Re: questionnaire

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Thu Nov 1 11:54:44 CST 2001

1. DEMOGRAPHICS

mattwarden wrote:
>It's just gotta pass the "none of your business" test.

Make it optional, then.
________________

MULTIPLE CHOICE vs. TEXT AREA

If you make the survey all multiple choice, (radio/check) please
include at least one optional comment area at the end for comments
about anything that is yet burning on the survey-ee's mind.

I often find that multiple-choice surveys don't address my most
significant issues.  More often, I find my choice is not listed in
the options provided.

There's a set of assumptions made, that in my case often end up being wrong.

I really hate getting multiple choice surveys when my choice is not
there, or when I don't understand the wording of the questions.  In
that  case, the "comment" area gives me a chance to give the
survey-writers a piece of my mind.

ANONYMITY

I discourage it.

I think info is more likely to be accurate if it has a real Evolt
name attached to it.  I think the results should be published in an
anonymous fashion however.  Stats + list of additional comments or
something like that.