[Theforum] Re: [thasite] voting application

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sat Nov 3 18:28:31 CST 2001

Daniel J. Cody wrote on 1/11/01 5:34 pm

>> I know you have little interest in using a voting method to ascertain entry
>> to privileged status. But I've not seen an effective alternative.
>

>*shrug* i just don't want people to be intimidated or afraid of
>anything.. a vote suggests competition or 'Absolute Review' of the work
>someones done. maybe its just me though and people will be cool with
>that if we go that direction

I think it'd depend on how it were presented. If it were presented
as a blackball fraternity kinda thing, then it would be intimidatory.

But if it were presented (and run) as an opportunity to validate
how great people think you are, then it's quite different.

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland