[Theforum] survey draft 3

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Fri Nov 9 11:56:39 CST 2001

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, isaac wrote:
> > the codefest details on my pages:
> http://members.evolt.org/Mishka/CodeFest_2001/
>
> We'll save it for future, specifically targetted surveys then.

+1

> It's simple, but they've been restricted (that I've noticed) to Toronto,
> Milwaukee, and London. I think that's because once one has happened in a
> particular location, everyone knows the number of people in the area.

i'd say they've only happened in these specifc areas because the people in
them took the initiative to just do it :)
rudy, myself, and martin respectivley.. heck the second one i called for
here, only miriam and me showed up :)

it takes time though, and by the 5th or 6th one, we had about 11
people(which i think is a HUGE success)

> Infinitely more community-specific than source code related questions, IMHO.
> Sharing code is great, but I can imagine that many people would love to meet
> other evolters who are near them, and know more about them.

true.. we just need to hammer down some good, non-specific exmpales :)

.djc.