[Theforum] Re: langs

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Mon Nov 12 17:27:29 CST 2001

I guess this should be on therforum too.. sorry about that...

Martin wrote:

>>>[martin]Yes, and we've always said that that was a shortterm thing
>>>driven by practicality
>>
>>[warden]How is it suddenly more practical?
>
>[martin]More practical to only offer content in English? For
>the reasons we've been identifying

<snip a whole bunch>

No, you didn't answer my question. If "For the reasons we've been
identifying" was enough, I wouldn't have had to ask.

You said that we've been publishing ONLY English articles because of
practicality reasons. Then I asked about what has changed to make it more
practical. I still don't have an answer.

I do NOT have a problem with publishing a German articles... as long as
there's an English translation for the *majority* of our members to
read. I think that suddenly changing (in a way that alienates them) what
most benefits our current membership in the hopes that we invite more
non-English-speaking members is a bad move. Different languages should be
an added feature ("Also in German").

Thanks,

--
mattwarden