[Theforum] OT: linkwhoring

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at compaq.com
Thu Nov 15 08:36:53 CST 2001

Hi Madhu,

I think it's more 'excessive promotion of a link containing your own
content'.

Say you wrote an article on Apache password permissions and uploaded it
to your personal site .... and every time anyone asked a question
remotely related to Apache password permissions -- you emailed back the
link to the article you wrote that is sitting on your site.

In that situation, you could be said to be "linkwhoring".

My impression,

RonL.