[Theforum] Inviting other people

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Mon Nov 19 00:39:53 CST 2001

I'm forwarding a message from a person who was a member of "another" web
development list. Since he expressed some discontent there, I invited him
to join thelist (by private email, of course).

His comments are the reason I'm forwarding this message. He says he was
aware of Evolt.org but didn't KNOW that there was a mailing list.

This got me thinking: are we not advertising thelist enough on
www.evolt.org? I checked the site again, and sure enough, there is no
mention of it anywhere except an inconspicuous link labelled "Lists".

Ahem, we need to fix that, IMO.

>From: [person]
>To: "Madhu Menon" <webguru at vsnl.net>
>
>Madhu,  I reviewed your articles and am somewhat familiar already with evolt
>in terms of articles.  I didn't know there was an email list though, so I'm
>glad you pointed that out.
>
>Nice work, and I am now an official lurker on thelist.  I appreciate the
>invite!
>
>Take care,
>
>[person]

Madhu Menon