[Theforum] Inviting other people

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Mon Nov 19 12:09:57 CST 2001

> i think we should rely on peer-to-peer communication to let
> people know about thelist, just like you did madhu. an honest
> recommendation from a web-development peer means a lot more
> than a "JOIN OUR LIST" announcement on our front page. that
> said, i'd be against pimping thelist in any obtrusive way. i
> realize the sidebar is getting full too..

I think this is a really good point. Quality and Quantity are things we
should constantly consider. It's the same for the site articles -- do we
want a lot of articles or just a few good ones? The two aren't mutually
exclusive but too much in one direction and things get out of balance.
How would we repair the damage (if we consider it such) of ten new
articles each day if they are all crap? How do we lure back quality
subscribers if our list turns into ranting newbies (recalling
monkeyjunkies)?

I think promoing the site to thelist might be more important than the
reverse.

- amanda