[Theforum] Adding theForum to l.e.o.

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Sat Nov 24 13:07:52 CST 2001

voting never has been figured out for this group. and maybe its just me,
but i think we've gotten a lot done in the past month on this list <gasp>
without a voting system</gasp>!!

huge problems were anticpated when this list was first started regarding
people running amok with root, approving shitty articles, and an influx or
russian script kiddies running evolt into the ground. none of which, happy
to say, have happened :)

we have thesite list published on the front page of l.e.o and there've
been no problems with a rouge group of C developers wanting to rewrite our
CMS, and i don't think publishing this list on the frontpage of l.e.o
would warrent anything like that either :)

the problem - as i see it at least - with waiting for us to decide on
membership and voting rights/issues/whatever is those things are nowhere
close to being started, and they're going to take a while to get in place
once and if they do get started. while we wait for those things to someday
get done, we lose out on more and more potentially valuable contributors.

.. three months from now we realize that this has become just another
inadvertantly closed off list. the great thing about opening up
'direction' of evolt was... well, opening it up.

things are running so great here precisley because it was opened it up and
people have been allowed to contribute, lets not forget that.

i'm not against voting systems or membership or anything BTW. i am against
us shutting the door to people that could contribute just because we have
a nonlinear waterfowl issue. but thats just me being 'mr openness' :)

.djc.