[Theforum] who gets to edit articles

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Thu Nov 29 15:53:37 CST 2001

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Elfur Logadottir wrote:
> ah, but this group as a whole is open to everyone ... and that's where we
> differ. I think it should be those that are already 'trusted' as you
> mention above. basically i think we should add those already 'trusted' to
> the admin group for day to day administration (most persons on this list
> are trusted, but while i don't know exactly who is on this list i can't say
> all).

heh. thanks for catching that elfur, it is what i meant to say. 'trusted
people' in an open forum is what i think is best. its been a long week ;)

> that way you first start viewing your opinion by subscribing to theforum
> and then you get added responsibilty by being approved to admin if you want
> to be an admin.

it takes more than being on the admin list to be an 'admin' in my mind.

> so do you want theforum in general, as it is at any given time, to be the
> one to decide who is trusted? or am i misunderstanding something?

the 'trusted people in an open forum' idea. the open forum of that being
this list.

.djc.