[Theforum] who gets to edit articles

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Thu Nov 29 17:40:52 CST 2001

From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at members.evolt.org>

| i would say she(and others) is more of an administrator of evolt.org
thjan
| some who are on 'admin at lists.evolt.org'.

ok.

| just being on that list doesn't make you an administrator.

exactly, but those that are administrators should be there, cause that's
what the admin list should be for. ('specially since we've moved the other
discussion over here).

| > ok, but the trusted people need a venue to handle the administration.
| > basically, it seems to me that the only difference of an opinion
between
| > you and me is the venue. i think that the venue for the trusted people
| > should be 'admin at lists.evolt.org' since that's where the configuration
is
| > pointed anyway, where as i think you want it to be something else?
| > right?
|
| the trusted people shouldn't get to hide behind any closed
| lists/forums/whatever. this was my #1 problem with 'admin'. why do those
| people need a seperate venue? simply because there's always been one? ..

i'm not saying that they should hide behind any closed doors. i'm saying
they have to have venue. i just don't see the reason for yet another venue
creation, because some of the discussion should not take place here, if for
nothing else but to control noise.

| and its a trivial issue to have it point somewhere other than
| admin at lists.evolt.org

you see, that's what i don't get. but that's a minor detail and i'm not
going to argue about that, i just wanted to know your argument for your
opinion of the matter.

because admin is totally the right word ... the trusted ones are
administrators.

anyways.
thanks
elfur