[Theforum] Re: Article Approvals

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sat Dec 1 19:40:30 CST 2001

Warden, Matt wrote on 11/29/01 1:58 AM

>Lets see. We've had this conversation how many times now? At least
>three. Each time we count the "what ifs" and each time I counter each with
>an addition to the CMS that would prevent it completely or add the ability
>to restore from a backup.

Stable horse door bolted.

The point of a CMS signoff is to prevent undesireable (for whatever
reason,
including poor quality) content going live in the first place.

>But there's  no need to gather resumes.
Self-nomination > no nomination.

If the group of people with signoff priv is to increase and be seen to
do so openly and fairly, there must be an open and fair way to do that.

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland