[Theforum] quick survey feedback

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Mon Dec 3 10:39:27 CST 2001

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Madhu Menon wrote:

> At 09:39 PM 12/3/2001, aardvark typed these words:
> >anyone know how many we need to be statistically significant?
>
> We have 2500 subscribers... something like 500 would be nice, but we could
> probably do with half of that.

2500 people is only the number of people on thelist btw... we have another
bunch that only read the website, and another 1000 that have
members.evolt.org accounts(i sent a special message to all them)..

we as the providers of direction for evolt.org need to personally pimp the
shit out of it too. weblogs, forwards to co-workers, etc.. all need to be
carpet-bombed with our survey .. the more results we get, the wider range
of opinions we'll have, and the more balanced survey we'll have.

personally, i'd like to see 500 responses if possible. that would
represent about 10% of evolt's 'very interested' population and is a good
percentage to shoot for, although most 'official' surveys and polls look
for 1-2% of a random sampling of any given group(if i recall my stats
courses correctly)

> Dan, how long do we plan to run this survey? I don't recall having
> finalised that on theforum.
>
> 7-10 days?

we'll let it run for a couple weeks ya.. i expect the amount of people
responding on any given day to drop way down after tomorrow. also, like i
said before, it would be cool to report some info for our 3rd birthday..

speaking of, happy bday to you madhu :)

and i don't see a link on your weblog :)

.djc.