[Theforum] Idea for new feature

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Tue Dec 4 06:25:44 CST 2001

At 05:47 PM 12/4/2001, rudy typed these words:
> >>you're kidding, right?
> >
> >I hope not. I just banged out a long reply to this :|
>
>i meant jeff

I know. That's whom I was talking about. I hoped that Jeff wasn't kidding.  :)

>it's 4 a.m. where he is, and he has a day job

Do that long enough and you'll screw yourself into the ground. 18 hour days
are neither sustainable nor they make people more productive. That it works
is a popular management myth. People working 18 hour days actually work at
30-40% efficiency, so no more work gets done.

Jeff, get some sleep, buddy. Don't kill yourself, especially with a kid to
look after. I used to work insane hours till I realised that I was working
late nights only because I couldn't get any work done in the day (thanks to
"management"). Life's too short.

"Overtime is almost always compensated by 'undertime'" - Tom DeMarco and
Timothy Lister: Peopleware

My favourite song for techies - "Vienna" by Billy Joel. Listen to the
excellent lyrics :))

I've clearly rambled too long.

Madhu

Madhu Menon