[Theforum] evoltspotting

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Wed Dec 5 11:00:46 CST 2001

At 10:21 PM 12/5/2001, rudy typed these words:
>do you think the FQA should also be on evolt as an article?  i think that's
>what you wanted when the subject first came up

Well, yeah.

However... like I told you in private email, it's nice as a "fun" project.
IMHO, if you want it to be *useful* to people seeking knowledge, you have
to turn it back into an FAQ.

My reasoning was that when debates like "how do I protect my pictures"
resurface on thelist (as they do every month or so), we can quit wasting
bandwidth on it and instead point them to the explanation on evolt.org

This has three major advantages:

1) People looking for answers to commonly asked questions can find a
quality explanation or answer.
2) The rest of us, who've seen the same questions over and over, can be
spared the time reading them. It improves the quality of discussion on thelist.
3) Like our browser archive, this can one day evolve into an evolt-only
"feature" that's linked from several sites. Won't that be cool?

My 2 paisa.

Madhu

Madhu Menon
madhu at members.evolt.org