[Theforum] Monthly Recap - Draft Article for Community News .. by Isaac

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Thu Dec 6 17:57:52 CST 2001

>  > "completing tertiary study" ?
>>  huh?  I think we need more globally acceptable terminology.  ;)
>
>I'd always assumed that "tertiary" was the global term that covered
>post-secondary education. Is it not?
>
>It is commonly used here.
>
>Can I please have a response from CA, UK, US, and anywhere else?

It's used here, just not very commonly. You'd normally talk
about 'higher' or 'further' education. They're not quite interchangeable,
but close enough.

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
        martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
   tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
   url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland