OT now.... (was Re: [Theforum] confidentiality of survey results)

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Sat Dec 8 03:31:17 CST 2001

Hi, Joel,

At 06:53 PM 12/07/2001, you wrote:
>Hey! I didn't know you had a newsletter! I thought I'd read all your sites
>at least twice ;)

Ah, well, yeah, I don't mention it or promote it hardly at all, either.
There's just the link to it at my biz site. I started the newsletter about
18 months ago with clients or potential clients in mind -- site owners, but
not necessarily designers. I've suggested newsletters to my clients as one
way to bring people back to theirs sites, so I thought I'd better practice
what I preach. <grin>

>And congrats, too.

Thanks. :-)

>Seems like an auspicious day to join the fray . . .

Didn't even think about that last year when I started Brainstorms and
Raves, and it truly is, especially today being the 60th anniversary(!!) of
Pearl Harbor. It definitely has deeper meaning this year for many after the
9/11 attacks, certainly.

>time
>to check out blogger and get some use out of shellshockrome.com after all
>this time.
>
>Joel

I actually started Brainstorms and Raves just to play with Blogger to see
if I thought it might be an easy tool for clients to use to update content
at their sites (and it IS an easy tool for that, too). So here I am a year
later totally hooked on this weblog phenomenon and having so much fun doing
it. So ya just never know where such things will lead. As long as I
continue to have fun with it, I'll keep writing it. (I may be switching to
moveable type, though, as I want more features, functionality, and not have
to rely on Blogger's server to post.)

Shellshockrome.com? I just looked.... something you've reserved with an
idea in mind?

Uh.... this has gone totally off-topic now, too. Better go off-list, huh?

Warmly,
Shirley

--
Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.