[Theforum] Re: [thesite] +1/-1 Author Info Blocks

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Sun Dec 9 23:50:23 CST 2001

Adrian,

----- Original Message -----
From: "aardvark" <roselli at earthlink.net>

| > (1)  Author's block of info as displayed .. photo if one exists, plus
| > number of articles written average rating and total number of ratings.
| >  This block of info is styled using the sidebar class.
|
| as displayed: tentative +1...
|
| - do not like US-centric date format (prefer dd mmm yy)
| - still concerned about CSS, but there's nothing anyone can do
| about that one...

Care to explain ?  What's wrong with the CSS?  The file itself, the classes
used to style the block of info?

Is tentative = +1 or not ?

Or are you a +1 but only if the other things you mention above get
implemented?

| > (2)  Author's bio and other articles .. located at the end of the
| > article, before the rating bar.  Again, this info is styled using the
| > sidebar class of the (at this time) existing stylesheet.  This
|
| as-is: -1
|
| i *do* want a bio on my articles, but the split between top and
| bottom and the hard transition to the bio still makes it look like an
| afterthough...
|
| sorry, had to add reasons, but can't do redesigns for you...

Well, why didn't you provide comments on the four samples I did?

Anyway, seems Madhu's in agreement with you on this, so perhaps we'll get
some more samples and comments can be provided at that time.

-1 vote recorded in the meantime.

Thanks,

Mich