[Theforum] +1/-1 Author Info Blocks

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 10 08:28:58 CST 2001

> From: Madhu Menon <webguru at vsnl.net>
[...]
> Well, yes. While there's no need to break it into each element of it
> (e.g., colour of border), you really need to ask FOUR questions.

definitely a better approach...

> 1) Are you OK with having the author info block at the top
>
> (my answer: +1)
>
> 2) Are you OK with having the author bio at the bottom?
>
> (my answer: +1)
>
> 3) Do you like the design and/or implementation of the author info
> block at the top?
>
> (my answer: -1)
>
> 4) Do you like the design and/or implementation of the author bio at
> the bottom?
>
> (my answer: -1)
>

> I'm going to hazard a guess and say that Adrian is going to vote
> exactly the same.
[...]

nope, sorry...

i *am* in favor of having all the author info... however, if we didn't
have so much crap on the page, i'd say it gets its own section (like
ratings or comments) as 'bio' with the stat piece embedded within it
as-is...

but i expect people to resist that -- not because it's a poor solution,
but because of the crap we have on the page...

rudy, that joke about 3 columns might not be a joke soon...