[Theforum] Re: [***list] list Administrivia

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com
Thu Dec 13 05:44:23 CST 2001

Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

Tiny question on what was a great email - did I miss the elections for
grand-poo-bah..?

I'd also like to challenge the quip about Boards of Directors - there's
no automatic link between Boards of Directors and needing profitability.

If set up openly, fairly and democratically, and accountable to a
membership,
they are a highly effective way of ensuring that an organisation is run
responsibly (ie in alignment with the aims of the organisation, within any
appropriate regulations and able to demonstrate the above).

As a group of people, they're also less subject to whims than a
self-appointed individual.

I think you're absolutely bang on with the profitability thing, though. It
amazes me that we're still here and growing when so many better funded,
money-making sites aren't.