[Theforum] [survey] donations

Nicole Parrot nicole at parrot.ca
Tue Dec 18 20:21:17 CST 2001

---------- Original Message
>Yeh, I think that making it an event and/or giving it a deadline might
>encourage people.

There's also some added benefit to this, if we go with the Amazon.com honour system.
Let's say we need a new hard drive to have more member accounts (this is an *example*)

The Honor system has a clause that you can cancel your donation for 30 days. We set the evoltathon to 25 days. If the money is not reached at the end of those 25 days, all donators have 5 days to cancel their donations and get their money back. Amazon gets stuck with the workload, not an evolt volunteer.