[Theforum] IRC Bot - thepfy

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Fri Dec 28 03:33:06 CST 2001

On Friday, December 28, 2001, at 09:25  am, John Corry wrote:

>> For the record - thepfy keeps an archive for troubleshooting purposes.
>> Conversations with John suggest that thebot does the same (John
>> please correct me if I'm wrong).
>
> I have know idea what thebot does...the context of her first post
> suggested
> a systematic logging, so I assumed that's what it does.
>
> Maybe a disclaimer when you join the channel stating the purpose of
> each bot
> and their limtations/policy of use?

Difficult to do actually on the channel - I can teach thepfy
to respond to a question (eg
<MartinB>Privacy?
<thepfy>I archive public conversations here for troubleshooting
	purposes. Please see http://www.dataprotection.gov.uk
	for more info

but other users can over-write that.

Garrett's putting together an FAQ on how to get to, and behave
on, #evolt - it could go there.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,