[Theforum] IRC Bot - thepfy

Ron Dorman rwd at csi1st.net
Fri Dec 28 15:42:13 CST 2001

Elfur Logadottir wrote:

> From: "Ron Dorman" <rwd at csi1st.net>
>
> | neither.  the accusations and back biting that have been going on for
> | several months now.
> |
> | but since you mention it, i thought your bot was for learning and
> | troubleshooting!
>
> c'mon guys. let's keep it on the notes it should be on.
> you have to accept the fact that others disagree with you, and keep the
> discussion on topic.

Elfur, i agree with keeping on topic and killing the noise.  i really don't
care who agrees or disagrees with me.  my post was not about agreeing or
disagreeing on a topic.  it was about stopping the bickering.  that is why
i have asked for cease and desist several times.

my last sentence was not necessary and may not have helped any.  i hoped
that it might illuminate for all of us that the problems we are
experiencing (again/still) are about personal preferences and should not be
happening.

> let's just decide:
>
> 1. do we want the bots on irc.evolt.org?
> 2. do we want archives for the irc.evolt.org?
> 3. do we want operators on irc.evolt.org
> 4. do we want abusive behaviour on irc.evolt.org?

these are issues we probably need to discuss and decide.  my point is that
we had the channel for quite some time with no problems until a new bot was
placed that recorded everything without peoples knowledge.  when the bot
was kicked, the owner threw a big fit.  so on, so on and so on ....  to
here and now.

> thanks
> *the seasoned one*

there are several "seasoned ones" with us, for which i am thankful.
however, we apparently have some with us, seasoned or not, that can't seem
to keep personal things under wraps.  i try to stop these threads with
cease and desist requests.  this time my request was challenged and i
responded, with a kicker that i should have left off.   but i think it
brings to light the true issues we have.

Ron D.