[Theforum] Fw: Evolt.org logo

javier velasco (mantruc) lists at mantruc.com
Thu Jan 3 07:55:31 CST 2002

aardvark wrote:

> hey michele, are you referring to this image:
> http://members.evolt.org/bravenewworld/evolt_logo_static_b.gif
>
> if so, what's so special about it?  it looks like a straight resize in
> Photoshop, which is something anybody could do...  i assumed we
> were using the logo page to hold images that were unique or
> original source files... if we include every size and bgcolor variation
> we see out there (that we could do in 4 seconds in Photoshop),
> we're going to have a fat page...

looking at it again, it IS mangled: the cubes are to the right of the type,

and in incorrect proportions (ams height).

IMO it's important that we enforce (or at least evangelize) the respect
for the official logos, we should not encourage modifications of it.

it's the most important element of our branding, and it should remain
consistent everywhere. thjis makes me think of the need for an article
describing the logo in full details, showing proportions, placement of
elements, font, colors....

thoughts?

> the last thing might sound like a minor detail, but as of now the
> only people who contact people on behalf of evolt.org are admins,
> and while i know you're on this list and others, i thought you
> resigned as an admin?  it's just that when you sign something "on
> behalf of evolt.org," when you aren't part of the administrative body,
> i get nervous that it sets a precedent for anyone to start believing
> they can represent evolt.org without having the nod to do so...
>
> i don't mean it to sound petty, but it does concern me...

i agree with Adrian, IMO michele should be an admin ;)

--
Javier Velasco
Information Architect