[Theforum] Re: Getting in the monthly recap

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Tue Jan 8 17:45:05 CST 2002

From: "David McCreath" <mccreath at ak.net>

| As a temporary fix, how about if we just put something semi-permanent at
| the top of the Community News page along the lines of "If you would like
| to include an item in evolt.org's Community Monthly Recap, [link to
| comment form]let us know[/link] about it." It should also go at the end
| of every edition of the Monthly Recap.
|
| (I know that information is available in Isaac's article "The evolt.org
| Monthly Recap", but that's not really easy to find.)

i've already added the following text to the pending article ... but need
someone to read it over before that will be added to the December article
(because it's live).

<quote>

The monthly community recap is a recap of awards, meetings, and fresh
opportunities relevant to all of you. Submitted items from month to month
may be of varying relevance to others depending on the number of
opportunities. The important thing, though, is that you can share more
about yourself, and learn more about the people you chat with, and read
content by every day. If you want to know more about the evolt.org Monthly
Recap please read the introduction article.
If you're proud of it, send it in. Don't be shy.
Please send all submissions via the contact form. Any
queries/clarifications can be sent via the same method.
And now, to our scheduled programming ... "

</quote>

| In the meantime, are all the Admins okay with everyone updating that
| article as the items come in through the form? Or should we designate
| one person?

sure, and both isaac and martin suggested as much when they posted their
drafts.

we had this discussion late october on admin (sorry no archives available
to cite ... but i can create a page with that thread if asked to)

so to the best of my knowledge this was common knowledge of admin members.

thanks
elfur
*the tired one*