[Theforum] Re: Getting in the monthly recap

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Wed Jan 9 16:36:47 CST 2002

On Tuesday, January 8, 2002, at 08:03  pm, Daniel J. Cody wrote:

> "sorry your article's been denied, but martin(in this case) 'reserved'
> this article at the beginning of the month. nice work though. if you
> hurry and submit a placeholder article now however, you might be able to
> get june!"

Dan

A couple of things:
1) Take a look at the calendar. This is not January 1.
     Time is moving on and we're a quarter of the way
     through the month. There've been *plenty* of times
     before when we've forgotten to do stuff and it plain
    hasn't happened.
2) Take a look at the list of articles. No-one has started
     articles for anything but the current month.

If someone else steps up to edit the article, I'd be the
first to say "Go for it" - not least because I don't really have the
time to do it. Whether that's for this month, or next month -
I'd be delighted to hand it over.

I had this weird idea that people volunteering for jobs was
a Good Thing. Maybe not, though. If you'd rather I didn't
volunteer for stuff, then do say.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,