[Theforum] evolt.org review - roll call

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Thu Jan 10 14:39:56 CST 2002

Hi all:

We've finally set up a list called simply [ia] so we can
talk with Lou about the evolt.org site's IA: past, present
and future.

All  of you who feel they have something to add value to the
conversation, please sbscribe ASAP. Nobody will be
subscribed by default.

I'm sticking a sample of the questions so you can get a look
at the kind of things we'll be talking about.

Thanks
javier

----

>From Lou:

My strategy for case studies is to do some review of the
site on my own, and
interview someone responsible for the IA. This is something
that will take
a few iterations.

To that end, here are some initial get-the-ball-rolling
questions:

* You've been involved with evolt pretty much since its
inception. How has
the information architecture evolved over that time? Was it
planned,
organic, or both?

* What is special about evolt's information architecture?
What are the one
or two aspects you are most proud of?

* What are the major challenges you see moving forward? Are
there Great
Unknowns that lurk behind the corner and give you
nightmares? Are there
obvious problems that you're just starting to grapple with?

* Why redesign now? I'm wondering what the critical mass is,
or is
there some other triggering event.

--
Javier Velasco