[Theforum] policy for #evolt

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Thu Jan 10 15:23:35 CST 2002

From: "Marlene Bruce" <marlene at members.evolt.org>

| >At 01:48 AM 1/11/2002, Elfur Logadottir typed these words:
| >>-ChanServ- 1   40    djc
| >>-ChanServ- 2   0     bobd
| >>-ChanServ- 3   10    *!*jungwirr@*.mad.wi.charter.com
| >>-ChanServ- 4   30    *!*mwarden at leo.evolt.org
| >>-ChanServ- -- End of list --
| >
| >And is that how we want to keep it? Opinions welcome.
|
| I can't have an opinion 'til I know what all that means!

heh, true dat ;)
ChanServ =  stands for the server i asked for the access list.
Access list = is a list of all with special access to the #evolt channel
the running number is just that - running number (1,2,3,4)
the tens are for the access level = Access Levels signify the channel
commands available to certain users. Access levels may be added or deleted
according to a person's level of access to commands.

40 = the owner (and only one person can have that level)
30 = dunno exactly, but it's a lot of access
10 = Access to the akick command, automatic oping on entering the channel,
and ability to add or delete access to any user under level 10.
0 = No special privileges

there are some additional levels between 0 and 10
more info at:

http://www.amical.net/chanserv.html#Access

cheers
*the explaining one*