[Theforum] Re: policy for #evolt

Marlene Bruce marlene at members.evolt.org
Thu Jan 10 22:43:56 CST 2002

Ron and everyone,

It is my understanding that none of the notification attempts were
received. I know we can't definitively prove anything with absolute
certainty, so we have conflicting descriptions. Conflicting
descriptions are nearly always a non-solvable issue.

need for privacy arises on #evolt, those in need use /msg or start a
temporary channel. I hope this is viewed as a reasonable request, and
I'd like to propose that we make this another guideline for #evolt.

I feel that since all of evolt's other venues are open and accepting
of lurkers (which promotes the community-nourishing stance of
evolt.org, or "community building" as it were), #evolt should be that
way as well.

I mean this warmly: I would willingly and happily consider changing
my mind in the face of a logical argument describing the wisdom of
the contrary, and how it promotes the global view of evolt.org.

Some of us (including me at this point) are in danger of getting
sidetracked on an endless loop that will fade only eventually and
leave more bad feelings. Life's too short for this, believe me.

Marlene