[Theforum] Evolt redesign - user choice

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Jan 22 06:01:28 CST 2002

>I was just wondering whether in the redesign it will be
>possible to let users choose whether they want to view code
>in textareas or just on the page? I have seen a few people
>complaining about the textareas before, and I know I find
>it harder to comprehend code when I have to scroll up and
>down to see something. And this way you're empowering the
>user, something evolt seems to be very into...

+1

i kiss you

those textareas suck

if i recall, their only reason for being was that they prevent the table
from being blown up horizontally due to very long lines of <pre>...</pre>
code (vertically, well, i've never heard anybody complain that an article
is too long)

i sure hope somebody is keeping track of all these ideas

a wiki page would be perfect here

or -- heresy, i know -- an article where people could add comments
containing their enhancement ideas

rudy