[Theforum] Evolt redesign - user choice

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 22 12:26:53 CST 2002

> From: ".jeff" <jeff at members.evolt.org>
[...]
> i've added a css solution that's short term to teo.  take a look at
> let me know what you think:
>
> http://test.evolt.org/article/theforum/17/16286/
>
> support for this is spotty which is why i'd like to come up with a
> better solution in the future.

well, i went in N^ cuz that what was open, then it occurred to me
that it's probably an IE thing...  in short, the browser counts the
lines of code and adjusts the height accordingly...

i half expected you to use some <div>s with clipping...

> how are other sites dealing with long lines of <pre></pre> text?

assorted ways, many of them by adjusting how authors write,
others with new windows with the script (which kills run-time
commentary, IMO)... some just let the page get huge...