[Theforum] Re: Grrr! - Comment Complaint - 23-Jan-2002

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 24 00:41:04 CST 2002

> From: "Warden, Matt" <mwarden at mattwarden.com>
>
> you're probably right. it was approved when i got home, though. and,
> being an admin BUILDS on priveleges... it doesn't take away the
> ability to comment on an article... even about relevance.

correct, it did move quickly, and no, it doesn't take away the ability
to question its relevance...

> i might be an admin, but im still a user.

also correct... my approach would have been to bring it up on
admin first because, as an admin, we have a greater responsibility
(IMO) to present a unified front and make sure we are consistent
as a body...

after all, with great power (admin?) comes great responsibility...

> still, i guess i should have brought it up on admin. however, if admin
> decided to keep the article up, *then* airing my opinion as a user in
> a comment would probably be looked-down upon and I'd get comments like
> "he didn't like our decision so he bitched about it in a comment" --
> even though tha's not what i would be doing... or was doing. i'm fine
> with the decision to approve the article, i just don't agree with it.

yes, if admin had already claimed it was kosher and *then* you'd
commented, it would look like a shot... but that's not what
happened, so it's all good...

> i'm quite shocked there's such a fuss about a user giving an opinion.
> i thought that's what comments were for.

me too... i kinda thought it was addressed and closed in the
comments... we both explained it, we're done...