[Theforum] 'Headlines' announcement list

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Mon Jan 28 17:34:27 CST 2002

On Monday, January 28, 2002, at 08:42  pm, rudy wrote:

>> So who's the secretary of the list?
>
> don't think there is one
>
> michele was keeping track of stuff to do, but she's nomail for a few
> weeks
>
> martin created a wiki, which i think was for the site

Here, thesite, whichever. I put it together in response to your
request here, but it could be a good crossover point between the
two - in part a documentation repository.

And as we'd maintain it collaboratively, we wouldn't need to
burden one person with the work.

> (in any case the
> response was underwhelming),

Metcalfe's Law. It's quiet because it's quiet. If we use it, it'll be
busy in a momentum kind of way. There've been a few people
using it already.

I'm having fun with it anyway, playing with a lot of concepts
around the core functionality (which I haven't touched), like
http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/StyleSheet

> but isn't creating the announcements mailing
> list site related?

Yup. Crossover city.

> i like the idea of a wiki, but i like the idea of an evolt article even
> better
>
> with an evolt article, people could add opinions and ideas as comments
> on
> the article, and the author could take responsibility for updating it,
> much
> like michele kept her to do lists updated
>
> <sigh /> but as it stands, we could not approve such an article (could
> we?)
> and keeping it in new or pending status might not work either, as it
> would
> be too hard to find for non-admins
>
> the solution would be to create it as a priv=2 article, but the site
> structure isn't set up for that yet, all articles are priv=0 by default
> and
> visible to the public

So as the Wiki will do all that right now, use it as an
http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/InterimSolution

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,