[Theforum] 'Headlines' announcement list

Lachlan Cannon tiedefenderdelta6 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 00:00:12 CST 2002

--- rudy <r937 at interlog.com> wrote:
> hi lach
>
> i agree with your points about not using default checked
> options
>
> however...
> personally, i don't like having to visit sites to find
> out what's new, i
> would rather they send me a short announcement in an
> email

Hmm.. it appears I wasn't quite clear enough there. What I
meant was having a normal page on the leo page for the
headlines list, like the ones for the other lists - in
other words people go there to sign up, unsub etc... and
maybe when people first sign up for an evolt account give
them a little message on successful sign up

"Now that you've become a member of evolt.org you may want
to join our [link]lists[/link], or [link]receive
notification[/link of new articles, and happenings on the
site in your email."

Lach